Rancilio Silvia - Ken Russell's Review
Posted: February 18, 2004, 5:02pm
Arrow Clive Coffee

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,667,680 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: Sienna Coffee Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: Sunbeam Cafe Aromatic
Bottom Line: Silvia delivers quality and satisfaction every-time.

Solid construction, positive feel controls all clearly identified.  Easily repeated quality shots.

Sensible steam wand size allows use of one litre jug. Fantastic steaming ability.

Drip tray is a bit small and chatty.

Having progressed from a Sunbeam Cafe Aromatic, I now know that great quality shots can be produced in the home.

I needed to upgrade my grinder from the Delonghi (Solis type) to the Rocky, and WOW what a difference that made.

With temperature surfing I am able to produce full flovoured espresso each and every time.  On the few occasions when I don't I can trace the problem to my own stupidity :-)

My wife was not too keen on my upgrading from the Sunbeam and Delonghi, but having tasted the results she is now a Rancilio fan!

Sienna Coffee in Sydney Australia score top marks for helpful advice and quick delivery. When I rang to order the Rocky they suggested I try a few more times to get the Delonghi to work with the Silvia, even if that meant them missing out on the sale.

Highly recommended to anyone in the Sydney area.

Posted: February 18, 2004, 5:02pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.200752973557)