Rancilio Silvia - Robin Ingenthron's Review
Posted: December 4, 2012, 12:19pm
Arrow Morala Trading Inc.

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,670,734 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: Seattle Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: Good if you pre-heat your cup (water in microwave).  Not quite hot enough otherwise.

Affordable, solid, built

Water doesn't get or stay hot enough.  And don't use the steamer to heat the water.

The first one we bought failed after 6 months from a busted coil.  The vendor fully supported the warranty, and we got either the same one repaired or a replacement, I'm not sure.  And I read that it was "common" problem with these.  But here's what I figured out....  It just wasn't making the water hot enough unless I put the steamer on.  I think that may be what caused the coil to break.  Now, I pre-heat my cup by microwaving a little water in the mug while I prepare the coffee.  That way the mug itself doesn't cool the coffee coming out, and it's acceptably hot.   When I read "finicky" and other words to describe routines, they  make sense... this is mine.

Seattle Coffee Gear was good, and backed up the warranty claim.

Posted: December 4, 2012, 12:19pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.195199966431)