Rancilio Silvia - Robert's Review
Posted: February 24, 2001, 10:40pm
Arrow Morala Trading Inc.
Arrow Clive Coffee

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,660,895 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Aficionado Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: The best of the best(for the price)

Made to last.
Enough power to do the job.
Superior materials and aesthetics.

The only negative thing I can come up with is that it does take longer to get a dry steam than I would like. It would be nice if you didn‘t need to bleed out the water before steaming, but that is a small price considering the superior results.

I was frustrated for years with the Krups machines making mediocre to awful espresso.
After reading the reviews in alt.coffee, I took a chance on Silvia & Rocky.
After daily use for one year, I am happy to say that this is a fantastic machine in almost every aspect. I cannot imagine that there is a better espresso machine in this price range ($400).
It did take me about 2 weeks to get the correct grind and semi-decent technique. After one month of practice, I started making perfect espresso every time and effortlessly.
The Sivia is so well designed and constructed and it makes such great espresso that I smile to myself every day for buying it.
If you take my advice and get the Silvia, be sure to study the tutorials on this site--they are very helpful indeed.
I also highly recommend the La Marzocco replacement filter--I was shocked at how much it improved the taste.
I purchased one of the home roasting units at the same time as the Silvia and heartily recommend it too as the best way to go unless you have access to really fresh roasted coffee.

Posted: February 24, 2001, 10:40pm
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.199876070023)