Rancilio Silvia - Jeremy Ryder's Review
Posted: October 25, 2004, 5:54am
Arrow Morala Trading Inc.

Arrow Rancilio Silvia reviews have been viewed 1,672,374 times (updated hourly).

Where Bought: drury, london Aesthetics 6
Writer's Expertise: I like coffee Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: 1 krups, 1 sunbeam espresso machines
Bottom Line: From the shot in the morning to kick you out of that sleepy haze to the 6 or 8 lattes while entertaining, this is a quality piece of kit that won't disappoint.

Solid machine, lots of brass, makes great espresso.

Not as pretty as some of the italian machines, shallow drip tray, plastic water reservoir, no water level indicator. Single boiler.

After moving to the UK from New Zealand 4 years ago, I struggled to find a decent coffee. I had my Krups machine shipped over from there, as I didn't have money to buy a new machine here. Unfortunately, although it made an acceptable cup, it died after a few months life in Manchester. I started the search for a new machine, with a budget of about 100. However, research into machines showed me that I really needed to spend a little more. I went in search of a Gaggia machine after that, but eventually decided that if I was going to spend 250ish on one of those, I might as well just spend a bit more and get a Silvia (295GBP). After purchasing it and shortly after a Rocky, I haven't looked back. You'll not regret buying this quality machine, it's the best machine you'll get for under about 1000.

Drury were fine, even the beans they sent with the machine were pretty good.

Posted: October 25, 2004, 5:54am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.193603992462)