Saeco Classico - Mike Pass's Review
Posted: February 16, 2006, 2:52am
Saeco Classico

Arrow The Saeco Classico has 29 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Classico has been rated 8.32 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Saeco Classico reviews have been viewed 198,064 times (updated hourly).

Steve Zlatev 8.50
Dave LaFollette 8.44
Mark Bounds 8.00
Mark Johnston 7.50
Tricia Walker 7.00

Where Bought: Don't remember Aesthetics 10
Bottom Line: Just keeps making GREAT coffee, day after day after day...

Easy to use. Trouble Free. Die hard machine!

Switch lights go out after a few years. But no big deal to replace with parts from Saeco.

I used to drink Melitta style drip coffee. In 2002 I was visiting my wife's relatives in Europe. They do not make "American" coffee in that country, they make espresso. It was all I had to replace the drip coffee I had always drank. Upon returning to the US, I found that I had developed a taste for the espresso and lost the taste for the drip coffee. I researched machines and settled on the Saeco Classico SS. I have been using this machine for 3 years now. I make approximately 10-15 double shots a day (I know that's a bit much but hey, I like coffee!) Anyhow, after 2 years I had to purchase another portafilter for the machine since it was having trouble pushing the hot water through the coffee grounds. I called Saeco parts and got a new one for about $15.00 (can't beat that!) I also replaced one of the front switches since the little green light had stopped working (another easy fix!) I think the switch was about $5.00.

I have bought more drip machines in my lifetime than this one. Each one of the drip machines would last about 1 year before needing replacement. For the cost of the worn parts, this machine has been perfect, day in and day out! I WILL buy another one if they still make it when mine finally dies. I don't see that happening anytime soon. Especially when parts for these machines are so readily available and cheap!

I bought this machine from an online retailer in Oregon (I believe). Sorry, it's been a while. Since then, the price has gone down about $100.00 and is now sold in a black model at Costco!

Posted: February 16, 2006, 2:52am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.202055931091)