Saeco Via Veneto - Ryan Barnes's Review
Posted: January 7, 2012, 11:48pm
Saeco Via Veneto

Arrow The Saeco Via Veneto has 18 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Via Veneto has been rated 7.37 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Saeco Via Veneto reviews have been viewed 87,663 times (updated hourly).

Lance Goffinet 9.33
Phil Pearce 8.50
Lisa B 8.25
Alexandre Enkerli 8.00
Byron Ala 8.00

Where Bought: Walmart Aesthetics 5
Writer's Expertise: I like coffee Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: excellent value for the money. produces a decent shot of espresso given the price point of the machine. seems to be holding up under constant use too!

Excellent Price point

noisy pump
mine didn't come with a tamper
lots of plastic makes it feel cheap

After reading all the horror stories about cheaping out on machines, I was wary about picking something up at the nations greatest discount store since I know typical quality manufacturers will cut corners to make certain items affordable. However, after using this machine for over a year, it's still going strong and I find it makes a perfectly drinkable espresso, latte, and particularly americanos. I've had some pretty bad americanos pulled at coffee shops which I've bested using quality beans at home.  This can be taken with a grain of salt, as obviously I haven't graduated to snob yet, but for me this machine has worked wonderfully to pull me into the more complex and (expensive) world of coffee.

the checkout line at walmart was short - so I guess this would be rated 'good'. :-)

Posted: January 7, 2012, 11:48pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.187206029892)