Saeco Vienna - Kimber Mata's Review
Posted: May 26, 2002, 6:17am
Saeco Vienna

Arrow The Saeco Vienna has 14 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Vienna has been rated 7.17 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Saeco Vienna reviews have been viewed 69,455 times (updated hourly).

Rick Prosser 8.00
Jay Martin 7.33
Kimber Mata 7.00
John T 6.33
Paula Golladay 6.00

Where Bought: online retail store Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Aficionado Would Buy Again: Maybe
Bottom Line: Worth the money if you only want milk based espresso beverages - quickly with little fuss.

Simple and easy to use.  Very quick and easy cleanup.  This machine will give you a decent cappucino.  Good overall value for someone that wants only cappas or lattes.

Feels very flimsy.  I can't seem to dial in a decent "straight" espresso shot and would only use this machine for milk based drinks.  Drip tray is way to small and requires dumping and cleaning almost daily.

I actually got this machine for my husband who knows nothing about how to roast beans, tamp and dial in a great espresso shot.  He was asking for several cappas in a row and I was getting tired of making them for him on my Gaggia.  I'm very happy that I picked this machine up.  It is very simple to use - I showed him once what to do and he now makes his own cappas (and will gladly make me one anytime I want as well!)  This machine has saved us a fortune - rather than go out for cappas (and usually not very good ones!!) we now have our cappas at home with consistently good quality.  I would never have a straight shot of espresso from this machine but the cappas are always good.  For someone that enjoys pulling a great shot and doing all the "stuff" that goes with that this is NOT the machine for you - BUT if you want a good milk based espresso beverage with little to no fuss then this is the machine to buy.  Just make sure you empty your dump box and drip tray frequently.

I did NOT buy this product from an "espresso machine only" dealer and wasn't happy with the delivery time.  From now on I will definitly buy from WLL or someone that deals with only espresso machines.

Still a great investment!!  Well worth the price paid.  We use it daily to make cappas and Americanos.  I would recommend it to anyone that prefers the "easy" route on making a milk based beverage.  I still never get a great straight shot and always use my other espresso machine for those.

Posted: May 26, 2002, 6:17am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.186265945435)