Saeco Aroma - All - Dave S.'s Review
Posted: January 28, 2007, 3:18pm
Saeco Aroma Espresso - All

Arrow The Saeco Aroma - All has 26 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Aroma - All has been rated 7.92 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 28, 2007.
Arrow Saeco Aroma - All reviews have been viewed 250,813 times (updated hourly).

Tim Cashin 9.00
Tom Stubbs 8.33
Brian S 7.25
Nick Romancer 6.50
Dave S. 6.40

Where Bought: Costco Aesthetics 9
Writer's Expertise: I like coffee Would Buy Again: Yes
Similar Items Owned: Krups XP4050
Bottom Line: The Aroma is the Honda of espresso machines.  It delivers excellent performance at a great price.

-  Makes consistently good espresso shots with good crema
-  Produces excellent froth for lattes
-  Warms up within 5 minutes
-  Easy to view water level and refill tank
-  Professional looks, all stainless steel
-  Easy to order parts online from Saeco

-  Wet grinds.  But, this is normal for a machine without a 3-way valve

This review is for the Saeco Aroma, which is an updated version of the Classico.  The Aroma offers a Pannarello frothing attachment and resolves the leaking attachment issues noted in other reviews.

After years of buying lattes, I decided to purchase my own machine and save money.  I wanted an affordable machine that would make great lattes.  I didn’t want to invest in costly accessories like a grinder.

I considered buying a Silvia, but was turned off by the many comments on how complex and finicky the Silvia was.  I did quite a bit of research and decided the Aroma best met my needs.

After using the Aroma for 3 months, I’ve found that the machine meets or exceeds my expectations.  From the beginning, I have been able to produce consistently great tasting espresso shots with good crema.  The Pannarello attachment creates excellent froth for lattes.

I have Tullys grind my beans for me, so I haven’t had to purchase an expensive grinder. The machine doesn’t seem to care about the fineness of the grind.

Some readers knock the Aroma as a  “starter” machine.  But, that’s like calling a Honda Accord a “starter” car.  The Aroma, like a Honda, is designed to produce excellent performance at a great price.

I understand that the Aroma’s pressurized portafilter may not appeal to purists.  But, the pressurized portafilter is exactly the reason why people can achieve great results with this machine.  The Aroma  is a perfect fit for consumers wanting to reliably make good espresso drinks with minimal investment.  I think that’s a great bottom line for any product.

Purchased online from Costco.  They had the best price on Saeco machines. The Aroma was shipped directly from Saeco and came double boxed and in perfect shape.

Posted: January 28, 2007, 3:18pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.196522951126)