Saeco Talia Giro / Plus - Scott Curry-Sumner's Review
Posted: October 9, 2011, 2:50am
Saeco Talia Giro Super Automatic

Arrow The Saeco Talia Giro / Plus has 2 Reviews
Arrow The Saeco Talia Giro / Plus has been rated 7.20 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 23, 2007.
Arrow Saeco Talia Giro / Plus reviews have been viewed 5,843 times (updated hourly).

William Hendrix 7.00
Scott Curry-Sumner 0.00

Where Bought: De Koffie Discounter Aesthetics 8
Owned for: 2 weeks Overall 9
Similar Items Owned: Cuisinart Grind and Brew
Bottom Line: Love this machine.  It's not top of the line, but also not low end.  For a really great mid-range priced machine, I would reccoment it.

This machine had everything I was looking for (grinder, espresso, frother, one-two cup at a time, good coffee) in one machine at a relatively low price point.

I wish the water storage capacity was a bit bigger. Even better would be a direct water line feature. Still, though, for the price this is a feature i can pass on.

Let me begine by saying I am reviewing the Giro Plus machine, which I think is an improved version of the Giro Super Automatic machine.
The most important feature was the ability to brew a good cup of coffee.  This machine jumps the hurdle.  It is easy to program in the size and strength of cup you want.  The coffee is very hot, which is important to me.
I'm used to burr grinders and this maker has a ceramic blade.  This was a concern, but the coffee it makes is not burnt from the blade, and I can't say I notice a difference in flavor when compared to the burr grinder.
It doesn't make pots of coffee, which again was a plus for me.

We bought this from a discount seller (De Koffie Discounter) in The Netherlands.  Although it took some time waiting on a salesperson, I would return again for the savings.

Three months later and I'm still pretty satisfied.
The machine has warning lights that prevent you from making coffee if it's out of coffee, water, or soomething else is wrong.  The concept is good, but the implementation could be improved.  It's hard to tell exactly what is wrong when the warning appears - which is at least once a day if you make more than four or five cups of coffee a day.  I think I would buy it again, but I might look a bit closer at others as well to see if they are better for the price.
The main reason I bought it - quality of coffee - is still good with this machine and it has not needed any repairs.

Posted: October 9, 2011, 2:50am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.184102058411)