Solis SL-70 - Debbie Boiano's Review
Posted: August 12, 2004, 12:48pm
Solis SL-70

Arrow The Solis SL-70 has 25 Reviews
Arrow The Solis SL-70 has been rated 7.21 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Solis SL-70 reviews have been viewed 112,297 times (updated hourly).

MW Madden 9.00
Steve Boothe 8.50
James Schulman 8.50
Fr. John Abraham 8.29
Mike Prince 8.20

Manufacturer: Solis Quality: 4
Where Bought: Aabree Aesthetics 7
Writer's Expertise: I live coffee Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: One year later I need a new machine.

Easy to use and provides consistent results.

Machine broken two weeks outside of warranty.

I used the reviews on this site and others to choose my machine last year. The Solis SL70 had consistently good reviews and it fit more with my budget. My experience in this past year is that the machine does have the strengths listed by other reviewers regarding shots and foaming. As with some other reviewers, I wasn't thrilled with the aesthetics of the machine but the performance - especially for the price - outweighed that concern.

My motivation for writing now is that my machine is now two weeks outside of the one year warranty and the foaming wand just stopped working. I'm told that the repair will be $100 to $150, which makes this machine not so much of a bargain anymore. I just saw some other reviews that said the espresso light went out on their machines, and it made me think that there may be some other mechanical issues that will only result in further repair costs.

I bought from Aabree and they have great service and competitive prices. They were especially helpful when FedEX messed up the shipping and worked to resolve the issue and get the machine delivered.

Posted: August 12, 2004, 12:48pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.224317073822)