Solis SL-70 - Caron Golden's Review
Posted: April 16, 2006, 2:00pm
Solis SL-70

Arrow The Solis SL-70 has 25 Reviews
Arrow The Solis SL-70 has been rated 7.21 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Solis SL-70 reviews have been viewed 114,453 times (updated hourly).

MW Madden 9.00
Steve Boothe 8.50
James Schulman 8.50
Fr. John Abraham 8.29
Mike Prince 8.20

Manufacturer: Solis Quality: 6
Where Bought: WholeLatteLove Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: I'd look for a machine that has better construction and a longer warranty. A $300 machine shouldn't simply die in three years.

When it works, it works great and is easy to master.

After three years, it's simply died.

This was my first espresso machine and I bought it after doing a lot of research. I did enjoy it while it lasted. It looks very attractive, is easy to use and makes decent espresso. I enjoyed using the steam wand for hot water and heating up cider and the like. The large water tank was convenient. However, even at an introductory level, $300 is a lot of money and I expect a machine to last more than 3 years. In fact, about a year ago, the lights burned out and I needed to replace a switch. This isn't something Whole Latte Love could help with. I had to deal with the manufacturer. It worked fine after that, but it now works and then stops in the middle of brewing or simply won't start up at all, despite the lights being on.  I now need to find a machine that is more durable or has a longer warranty.

Whole Latte Love is great, but once the warranty's up, forget it.

Posted: April 16, 2006, 2:00pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191780090332)