Starbucks Barista - Robert Furey's Review
Posted: September 18, 2005, 9:18pm

Arrow Starbucks Barista reviews have been viewed 1,013,902 times (updated hourly).

Dave Jahsman 8.00

Similar Items Owned: Krups
Bottom Line: Great Machine for the novice and intermeadiate expresso baristas, Strong, durable, and makes consistant expresso every time

Easy to use
Easy to clean
Makes Great Expresso
Great Frother

Sometimes the pump takes to long to prime

I had a few different Expresso machines, that were never satisfing. I purchased the Barista after having used the one in my office. The expresso machine is very easy to use. It makes a great Shot of expresso every time, with beautiful Crema. The Frother works great. It brings the milk up to temp quickly, and developes a very nice Froth.
I bought this machine 3 years ago, and use it almost daily, with no problems. The performance is as it was when I first bought it. I have no problem recommending this to some one who is fairly new to making Expresso. One quick note.. If you are grinding your own beans, I would recommend getting a burr grinder, tring to get a consistant grind with a blade grinder is difficult at best. Too course.. the expresso is weak, and no crema.  Too and it clogs up. The Expresso drips out slowly, and taste burnt...The Pressure can build up tremendously with a very fine grind, and can make a nice mess when you try to remove the coffee chamber.
Although if I were to get another machine.. I most likely would get one that is better. Not say I don't love this one. I just think I am ready to move up.........

Bought from a local Starbucks. The store employee was very helpful, and seemed knowledgeable with how the machine worked. He even told me when to come back to purchase it because at the time they were not on sale and was due to go on sale the following week.

Posted: September 18, 2005, 9:18pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.201243162155)