Starbucks Barista - Ben Moore's Review
Posted: December 31, 2007, 8:29pm

Arrow Starbucks Barista reviews have been viewed 1,013,198 times (updated hourly).

Dave Jahsman 8.00

Similar Items Owned: Breville
Bottom Line: 10+ years of faithful service from my Proteo without a problem. This should say it all.

Consistent pulls. Reliable machine.

Porta-filter has a cheap feel to it. Machine could use some more weight to it to prevent movement on the counter top.

I've owned this machine for over 10 years now and use it several times a day. My machine is the predecessor to the Starbucks Barista, the Proteo Barista. I'm assuming, but could be wrong, that it's made by the same manufacturer but badged differently.

I have had absolutely no problems with it. In fact, I had bought a Breville less than two years ago as a replacement to the Proteo (only because I wanted a 'change') and the Breville died. Fortunately for me, I never gave up my Proteo. So, I pulled it out of the closet, filled it with water and proceeded to pull a perfect double shot (a feat that seemed to constantly escape the abilities of my Braville).

This machine has really been a workhorse for me. My only gripe is that I wish it had the 'curb appeal' and the quality build feel of my Braville. In other words, I wish I could put the Proteo's guts inside the Braville's body. The porta-filter feels cheap, is a PITA to clean and is a bit hokey but, it works.

I bought this machine 10+ years ago from Starbucks and can't remember. I am also unable to remember how much I paid for this machine. This happens when you get to my age. LOL

Posted: December 31, 2007, 8:29pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.192525148392)