Starbucks Barista - Liz Runkle's Review
Posted: December 13, 2007, 6:38pm

Arrow Starbucks Barista reviews have been viewed 1,005,370 times (updated hourly).

Jim Pennington 8.00
Larry Holt 8.00

Bottom Line: I'm keeping this one until it is beyond repair... it's 12 now and may last much longer.

We bought the Estro Profi in 1997 (I called it our "mazzerati espresso") and it is still going strong.

The older model, which we have, had the attached grinder, and that needed vacuuming, and beans would get caught in it. So, we stopped using the grinder. Consequently, this older model has a large footprint of about six inches wider.

The Estro Profi went to an Espresso Repair shop for a tune up about 3 years ago, and they said it was in excellent condition. I had to adjust my grind of coffee to my roast.  In about 1999, we decided  the grinder was more trouble than it was worth, and bought a separate burr grinder. So, while the footprint of this machine is larger than the newer Barista models, the fact that it is twelve years and still going strong with daily usage, means we've more than paid for this machine.  Yes, I sometimes want a sleeker model, but just can't justify letting this one go.

Starbucks made it easy,  I liked their early models of stainless cups for steaming milk. They were heavier and had closed handles.

Posted: December 13, 2007, 6:38pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.224253177643)