Starbucks Barista - Laura Costa's Review
Posted: September 26, 2007, 11:08am

Arrow Starbucks Barista reviews have been viewed 1,013,558 times (updated hourly).

Dave Jahsman 8.00

Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: Great Machine for an Inexpensive Price . . What a GREAT Combo - and you don't have to SUPERSIZE!!

-Easy to use/clean
-Makes good shots
-It's fun to use
-Price was just right
-Holds a good amount of water
-Can use pods for an easy measure

-Steaming nozzle is a little short
-Shots are not pre-measued - you must stop the shot in time
-Have to prime the machine for steaming and reprime for shots

I bought this machine to cover the costs of my morning obession. . . stopping at Starbucks.  I love the machine.
I pay about $6 a day (including tip) which is about $170 a month on my Quad Venti Toffee Nut Iced Latte.  I've been making my drinks with this new machine and the drinks come out excellent.  This  machine has already payed itself off.  Not only is it saving me money, it also cuts 10 to 15 mins off my ride in the morning, -no more waiting on line, getting a barista that doesn't know how to make my drink properly, or "Sorry, we're out of Toffee Nut Syrup" - NO MORE!   I couldn't be happier.    I'm actually looking for another one for the boyfriend's house for the weekends!
As geeky as it sounds, I watched the video tape (yes, yes . . I know, please no comments).  I followed everything the guy talked about and my shots come out just the way that was shown on the video.
Definitely worth its weight in gold!
Did I mention I love this machine?

I had seen one of the Barista Boxes marked down to $99, but I hadn't gotten paid yet and didn't have the money at the time.  I said if it's there on Friday, it's mine . . well PS . .it was GONE.  Oh well, I'll just be spending my hard earned money at Starbucks, daily for the rest of my life.  Went back into the store a few weeks later and lo and behold. . . a beat up box with markings all over it.  Could this be a mirage?  I asked the staff if there was anything missing in the box. . .they weren't sure.  Left my name and number and the manager called me back later to tell me that everything was in the box and offered me an additional 20% off because it was the shelf model.  I would have been nuts to leave it sitting there!  I can also by my syrups and paraphernalia at my local Starbucks . . Now the most it will cost me a month:  $50?  Big difference from $170.  Did I mention I'm looking for another one . . anyone out there?

Posted: September 26, 2007, 11:08am
Green Unroasted Coffee
Free shipping. Save 15% on variety pack, use 'variety' at checkout
www.madbeanscoffee
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.187788963318)