Starbucks Barista - Michael Mermigan's Review
Posted: July 22, 2004, 7:05am

Arrow Starbucks Barista reviews have been viewed 991,797 times (updated hourly).

Larry Holt 8.00
Jim Pennington 8.00

Similar Items Owned: Gaggia Synchrony
Bottom Line: Well built and easy to use out of the box.

Solid construction, inner workings, wiring simple and reliable.  Very easy to use.  Pulled a good shot on the first try.  Nice for personal or small family use.  Lots of crema.

The overall taste of the espresso shots seems variable.  Sometimes weak and sometime bitter. Sometimes though, just right.  I had to take the first one back because it had an electrical short.  Starbucks allows customers to open and try some items.  Because of this make sure that you have all accesories that you are supposed to get with the machine.

My kids love to have decaf mochas made with this machine.  It warms up quick and gets me going in the morning without much of a fuss.  I reccommend it highly.  The construction quality of this machine is wonderful.  Not some expensvie cheap plastic deal....

The quality of the final espresso product can  also be very good, but seems to be inconsistent.   One of the baristas at Starbucks told me that she owns one herself and is quite happy with it.  I prefer this machine over the superautomatic because there is less to break since it is very simple and also the construction seems more sturdy.  It does look nice on the countertop too.

Wonderful service and help from the Starbucks people.  I had to return the first machine and they gave me 2 pounds of free coffee and 10% off of my purchases!!

Posted: July 22, 2004, 7:05am
Italian Coffee
Italian coffee beans, grinds and pods from Kimbo, LavAzza, Miscela d'Oro & Bristot. Qty. discounts!
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.198524951935)