Starbucks Italia Digital - Tom H's Review
Posted: June 28, 2009, 4:54am
Starbucks Italia Digital

Arrow The Starbucks Italia Digital has 21 Reviews
Arrow The Starbucks Italia Digital has been rated 7.92 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since February 24, 2004.
Arrow Starbucks Italia Digital reviews have been viewed 143,452 times (updated hourly).

Dan Cascioppo 8.12
Ernie Scheidl 7.88
Andrew Brady 7.20
Gary Howarth 7.00
Kevin Clifford 7.00

Where Bought: ebay Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: Great features, looks great and functions very well. Since I love to tinker with things, I also like that parts are available easily online.

Looks professional, has an active cup warmer, programmable serving size, stainless steel exterior, 18 settings for grind and adjustable coffee dosing.

When initiaily released, had a plastic steam manifold that will eventually crack and leak (possibly causing main board failure from water exposure). Most refurbished units have a new metal steam manifold that will last forever.

After researching automatic espresso machine for a couple weeks, I decided I wanted a Saeco, due to parts being readily available (and I did not want to spend more then $300, but I wanted to get a feature packed unit). I ended up getting this machine off ebay from someone who listed it as not working (display showed "needs prime"). I assumed the real issue was a bad pump, bad seals or a lack of understanding how to prime the machine. I wanted to get a machine like this cheap and fix it. Come to find out, the machine works fine and did not need parts. After priming, the machine functioned well. I did however, need to clean out and adjust the grinder.  I discovered the grinder had been taken apart, but not adjusted properly when reassembled. I found the directions online, and had it grinding properly within 30 minutes or so. I also verified this unit was not refurbished because the original steam manifold (plastic) was still intact, but not failed yet. So I ordered a new metal manifold ($28 online) so I can replace it and prevent the failure that will eventually happen (the weak spot on this machine and all Incanto type models). After a good cleaning and adjusting, I now have a fully functional auto espresso machine for $200 ($175 plus $25 shipping)! Makes great espresso, and much easier then my semi-automatic unit.

Great! When buying from ebay, always check feedback, and avoid bad/low feedback sellers to make sure you will have a good experience.

Posted: June 28, 2009, 4:54am
Green Unroasted Coffee
Free shipping. Save 15% on variety pack, use 'variety' at checkout
www.madbeanscoffee
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.190106153488)