Starbucks Italia Digital - Gary Howarth's Review
Posted: December 3, 2005, 11:00am
Starbucks Italia Digital

Arrow The Starbucks Italia Digital has 21 Reviews
Arrow The Starbucks Italia Digital has been rated 7.92 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since February 24, 2004.
Arrow Starbucks Italia Digital reviews have been viewed 144,218 times (updated hourly).

Dan Cascioppo 8.12
Ernie Scheidl 7.88
Andrew Brady 7.20
Gary Howarth 7.00
Kevin Clifford 7.00

Where Bought: UK Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Intermediate Would Buy Again: No
Similar Items Owned: Gaggia Classic
Bottom Line: I will NEVER buy high end Gaggia kit again, dreadful...DREADFULL post sales service.

Nice machine, makes classic coffee, known in the UK as the Incanto digital, I bought this bean to cup machine to replace my aging classic, It has served us well.,,,to  a point

Cleaning is a bit of a pain, but so long as you keep on top of it, no worries.

I bought this machine with high hopes, after years of using my classic, and HWP, time to move on to a bean to cup machine, I researched them all well on the internet, I decided on this model, it was the right price, and offered all i wanted.
I made over 2000 coffees with it, until the fateful day, 10 months after purchase, and still under warranty....it stopped working. It got stuck in rinse mode, for ...almost 2 days.....now I knew a clean was overdue, but not this much, eventually 2 days on..it just stopped working. Phone call to Gaggia UK, Yes the lady said....we know that fault..it needs a new board.
we can collect but it will cost you 100 dollars for the courier, no problem, I can drop off, and did..the next day. That was 5 weeks ago, I am told they are waiting for the boards to be "manufactured" in Italy, I cannot get this machine back from Gaggia, and to top it all, if you check the internet I am not the only one suffering such poor service from this company on this model.

UPDATE, 3 months on, I have still not got this machine back from Gaggia UK, but on the 21st of December they provided me with a loan "brand new" Gaggia Titanium, this machine failed on the 8th Jan, and had to go back to Gaggia to be fitted with youve guessed it...a new board....fortunately the boards for this model were in stock, and I got a 4 day turn round. I feel a review of the Gaggia Titanium coming on !

Okay bought from a Gaggia UK outlet via the net, no problems

Posted: December 3, 2005, 11:00am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191226005554)