Sunbeam EM6900 - Carl Holleman's Review
Posted: June 1, 2010, 11:39pm
Sunbeam EM6900 Espresso Machine

Arrow The Sunbeam EM6900 has 7 Reviews
Arrow The Sunbeam EM6900 has been rated 6.77 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 19, 2005.
Arrow Sunbeam EM6900 reviews have been viewed 47,017 times (updated hourly).

Travis Hall 7.33
Syd Low 6.75
Tony Cavill 6.00
Andrew J 5.00
Stephen Dean 5.00

Manufacturer: Sunbeam Quality: 2
Where Bought: Online store Aesthetics 3
Bottom Line: Great to get you started but a nightmare for reliability

When it worked it was great.
Pretty good customer support
Good first step in becoming a home barista

Durability issues
Pump Problems
leaked all the time
Eventually replacement model died from similar problems

I really liked this machine when it worked. In my opinion it did just what I wanted. Unfortunately it frequently had parts that did not work. First the milk stopped frothing. Then it started leaking. Sunbeam sent me a new machine the em6910. It did not last long before the group head started leaking. I replaced the rubber seal but it made no difference. After some time the buttons started becoming a little strange. I could no longer do a double shot and eventually the power button became a bit flakey and stopped turning on at all.

I have noticed that many people have had problems with this machine and I would have to agree that it is not a very reliable machine. I am glad I bought it because it got me into the whole espresso at home thing but I dont think I could reccomend anyone to buy one.

Bought it from an online store which seemed really good when I ordered it. Unfortunately it turned out to be a disaster taking many months. So much for saving $10. In the end I got my machine but would highly reccommend buying machines from a reputable shop.

Posted: June 1, 2010, 11:39pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.186625003815)