- very high quality conical burrs
- adjustable wide grind range (perfect for all espresso machines)
- renders even and uniform grind
- large hopper (1/2 pound)
- virtually no static
- looks very good
- easy to clean
Negative Product Points
- must be operating to change grind if beans are in hopper
- on/off button is a timer switch but you get use to it and it even becomes practical for dosage
This review is for the starbucks barista grinder (solis 166)
This grinder requires no modification for use with espresso pump driven machines. It renders great full flavor shots from a wide range of settings. The grind is more even than what you buy in cans from lavazza and other high volume coffee makers. Perfect for espresso lovers. No static, fast yet it virtually generates no heating, something my local coffee shop canít say about there 900$ Bunn grinder.
The on/off switch is actually a timer, itís a pain at first but when you get use to the setting/quantity ratio, itís a plus.
This is perfect for all espresso lovers pros and newbies alike. Often on special (99$ US), yet remains a great deal at the regular price (129$ US). Bottom line: The high quality burrs inside this machine will give you better coffee than some 600$ grinders out there. You just canít go wrong with this.